Monday, November 29, 2010

Daybook

For today...Monday, November 29, 2010

On My Mind...our niece who has been struggling with some personal issues lately. (Cassandra, know that we love you very much and are here for you if you need anything.)

Outside My window...dark and cold...although today was really nice, you didn't really even need a coat! But we're expecting rain and maybe snow by the middle of the week.

What we're Reading...I'm still making my way through Wuthering Heights and have started A Christmas Carol for a read-along. Tucker's still reading Fudge-A-Mania and we also read some Thanksgiving books.

What We're Listening to...I am loving Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks. I was really intrigued by the Sleeping with the Enemy aspect but it's on such a different level than I ever expected! with Tucker we listened to a Nate the Great collection and an Encyclopedia Brown collection. He told he "really liked Encyclopedia" so I want to get more of them! I loved Encyclopedia Brown when I was his age so I was hoping he would like him!

What We're Watching...I'm so glad Jennifer Grey won DWTS and also that Lacey came in second because I have always liked her! (I just don't know what to watch on Mondays now! lol)...still enjoying Undercover Boss, Survivor, Amazing Race, and CSI. And as always, iCarly, Victorious, and Big Time Rush are on a lot.

I am Hoping...that our new kitten Fiona adjusts to us. She was taken from a home where there were a lot of animals so she's really timid and has been hiding in the corner under a bookcase. She's slowly letting me pet her and talk to her. The social worker in me wants to make it all better for her. She's really very sweet.

In the Kitchen...spaghetti, pork chops, chicken pot pie.

Around the House...dishwasher and dryer are running...clothes waiting to be folded, more to be washed...straightened out the spare room enough so the kittens can go in there. we're keeping Fiona in there all the time and Shrek in there during the day and at night (so they get used to each other)...in general the house is actually pretty neat!!...Michael finished raking all the leaves today ( I think it's the first time he's been done before December!)

Coming Up this Week...my endoscopy/colonoscopy is finally on Thurs...soccer game on Fri night...Lego Kid's Fest with Andrew and his family on Sat...Michael and Tucker are going Xmas shopping with Michael's mother on Sun.

No picture thought this week...I brought my camera to work to show off the kittens and left it in my desk!

No comments: