Tuesday, September 30, 2008

James Dean



Today is the 53rd anniversary of the death of James Dean. Though he only made three films (East of Eden, Rebel Without A Cause, and Giant), he was often thought of as the "young" Marlon Brando of his time, and perhaps because he died at the young age of 24, he will live on in cinematic history as the eternal "Rebel". Ironically it was his rebellious ways that led to his demise: on the morning of September 30, 1955, he was in a car accident in his prized Porsche.

As you can probably tell, I am a James Dean Fanatic and used to have James Dean posters everywhere(in my bedroom and first apartment). Now I have one or two in our spare room but I'm still just as wild about him as ever. My mom even got me a life-size cardboard stand-up (which is in her spare room. I just couldn't let the day go by without honoring one of the greatest film legends of all time (in my mind, anyway!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi
hello
how was your day?
i liked your blog
you are fantastic!!!

really nice blog
fabulous fantastic
bye
take care
see you