Thursday, September 18, 2008

I Got A Job! Fall Flowers and Cub Scouts

(Cue the music from the "Six Flags" commercial from last year with the bald guy dancing!) As you know, I lost my job two weeks ago. I have been sending out resumes to area home care agencies and got a call on Tues from one in Ledyard. It's actually where one of the nurses I used to work with went in July. (Does that last sentence make sense? I hope so because I am too excited to try to go back and fix it!) So anyway the administrator called me, said she had talked to Liz about me and wanted me to come in and talk to her about working there. So I went yesterday, expecting it was an interview and it was actually a "sign here, get a drug test, can you start next week" kind of deal! SHE HIRED ME BASED ON WHAT LIZ TOLD HER ABOUT ME!!!!!! So other than a few paperwork things, I should be starting next week. It is per diem which means as they need me but the other social worker doesn't work very much and Liz tells me that desperately need social work for their patients! YEAH!!! It's a really good per diem rate so it will help out. I've been leaning toward looking for something 24 or 32 hours more than 40 anyways and just need to find something with benefits. I am just so excited to be able to work and do what I love to do which is help people! I just can't believe I found something this soon!

I also wanted to share with you some fall colors of another kind (which reminds me of when Dorothy goes to see the Wizard and is surprised by the colorful horse and the guard says "I guess you could say that's a horse of a different color"; not that I'm a "Wizard of Oz" fan or anything!). I'm not sure if these flowers have always been in the yard or if I'm just noticing them because I'm home more often (which would be sad. Michael does tend to move flowers around a lot so I'm hoping I just didn't notice them before) ANYWAY...here the pictures before I digress even further...



The leaves are just starting to change so I plan to go out in the next week or so and take some pictures. Fall is definitely my favorite time of year!

Update on the pictures...I did lose the pictures from the soccer game and getting together with Julie. (I've already saved them from Jul's blog). So I will re-take the soccer pictures at the next game and you'll have to wait to be blinded!

We have a busy night ahead of us! We did go sign up for Cub Scouts last night and it was neat because the Cubmaster (sounds so ominous, doesn't it) remembered Tucker from last week at his open house. Also, Tucker's friend Freddie was there signing up also which was very exciting. He was good friends with Freddie and Maddie last year in his class and they're all in different classes this year. He's been playing with them on the playground after school for about a 1/2 hour after school (another bonus of being able to pick him up). So anyway, he was really excited to see him signing up. Our first meeting is tonight right after soccer practice. On the way home, he says "mommy we have a busy day tomorrow! I have school most of the day, then I have to do homework. Then we have soccer practice and then Cub Scouts; how are we going to do it all?" I assured him that we will but I couldn't help but think of Crispy's post (Peter's Peapod) about the number of activities our kids are involved in and while these are the only two activities Tucker is doing, it does seem a little overwhelming to have both on the same night. I did look ahead and this is the only month that the Cub Scout meeting falls on the same night as soccer. We're also supposed to have weekly den meetings, I think. Not sure when those are or when they start but I guess we'll find out tonight. I forgot to mention that I found out why he didn't want to sign-up. Michael and I have been talking with him about all the cool stuff cub Scouts do and thought it would be a good thing to mention the camp-outs, thinking he would like doing that. turns out, he doesn't want to. His exact words: "I'll sign up but I am NOT sleeping outside with them". so once we found out that was the issue, we could address that. I found out from one of the moms (the wife of his former soccer coach) that a lot of the younger kids don't sleep over and they're welcome to come for the afternoon, stay for the camp fire and marshmallows and then go home. So that is what we will plan on doing. I'll let you know how it all goes!

4 comments:

Julie said...

How exciting that you got a job so fast! Just remember to leave time to blog!!

Cindy said...

Trust me, I will definitely leave time to blog!

Dana said...

So great that you found a new job so quickly!! Good luck!

Paz123 said...

Congrats for your new job!! I really excited to see those flowers pictures.