Friday, September 12, 2008

Happy Birthday, Gramma Palmer


Today is my grandmother's birthday. She would have been 96. She passed away on April 26, 2000. My dad found her on the floor in her kitchen. Ironically, it is where she spent most of her time. After she retired as nurse at age 74 (!!), she baked/cooked non-stop, literally, for 8 hours a day. Then it was up to my dad to drive her around and distribute the goodies on his day off. She would bake banana bread for me every week, even when I was in college and came home on the weekends. To this day I cannot even come close to getting the banana bread like hers! She was a wonderful, special lady and I miss her every day and wish Tucker had been able to meet her. I've added "Angels Among Us" to my play list in her honor because when ever I hear it, it reminds me of her. The picture is from our wedding and is one of my favorite of her and my dad.

No comments: