Sunday, December 28, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook



For today, Sunday December 28, 2008 (I'm cheating because I have a home visit first thing in the morning)

Outside my window... it is dark. It was actually pretty warm today, in the 50s.

I am thinking...even though we all slept until 8:30 this morning, I am still tired.

I am thankful for...friends and family. Also old friends. I had the opportunity to get together with friends I haven't seen since high school on Friday night and we had a blast!

From the kitchen...leftovers from Christmas, finished the ham. Probably tacos and chicken this week (not together) and appetizer-type stuff on New Year's Eve.

I am creating...some winter and New Year's crafts with Tucker. Also Tucker finished up his Thank You cards (if you had to watch him write, you'd see what a creative process it is which is why I make him practice his writing as much as possible!)

I am wearing...a purple shirt and gray sweats.

I am reading...I am halfway through Rainbow Valley and just started Moon Shell Beach. With Tucker, we finished Santa Claus Doesn't Mop Floors. We read Christmas books including Merry Christmas Curious George, Arthur's Christmas, and of course, 'Twas the Night Before Christmas on Christmas Eve.

I am hoping...everyone has a happy, healthy New Year.

I am hearing...The Pig Farmer episode of Dirty Jobs. (We got the Dirty Jobs DVD for Tucker for Christmas). Also the dryer.

Around the house...Tucker has the army battlefield set up down here in the family room...working on the laundry...still need to move the extra table back into the kitchen (probably will not happen tonight)...dishes are done (thanks, Michael!).

One of my favorite things...the look on Tucker's face when he saw what Santa had left him.

A few plans for the rest of the week...a home visit tomorrow morning...getting together with my friend Dawn, her husband and son, Caleb on Tuesday...Countdown to Noon at our Children's Museum on Wed...lunch with Tucker's friend Andrew after that...probably watching movies with Tucker on New Year's Eve (Michael works until 9).

A picture thought...
Tracy emailed the picture of Tucker and Andrew with their completed gingerbread houses and I thought it would be fun to share!

No comments: