Monday, December 8, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook



For today, Monday, December 8, 2008

Outside my window...the sun is out but baby, it's cold outside!

I am thinking...I need to eat lunch after I finish this, I'm hungry!

I am thankful for...Tucker's laugh amd smile.

From the kitchen...roast in the crockpot last night--yum! Tucker and I will make cookies after school today and probably pizza for supper.

I am creating...almost done with the Christmas presents.

I am wearing...jeans and a blue and white striped sweatshirt.

I am reading...I've decided to put off reading the Little House books; just not enough time. I am halfway through Anne of Ingleside and started "A" is for Alibi by Sue Grafton (Shelfari book tag this month is Mystery and I've always wanted to read this series. With Tucker, we've read Curious George, Berenstain Bears, and winter and counting books. We're going to start reading Christmas books this week and I want to start Dragons Don't Throw Snowballs (A Bailey School Kids book.

I am hoping...that I get a job soon (really missing medical benefits!)

I am hearing...the fishtanks gurgling and the TV.

Around the house...the tree is up, still need to put out the rest of the decorations...Michael and Tucker put up the lights outside...laundry needs to be folded and one more load to be done.

One of my favorite things...waking up to the snow when it is still untouched.

A few plans for the rest of the week...making cookies with Tucker this afternoon...finish decorating the rest of the house...getting my hair cut tomorrow...wrapping presents...finishing making presents...hopefully mailing presents...sending out the Christmas cards...Tucker's sleeping over my mom's Friday...going to dinner and shopping with friends Friday night...going to a post office processing place on Saturday with Cub Scouts...making gingerbread cookies with Tucker's friend Andrew and his family on Sunday.

A picture thought
Every year the fire department at the end of our street brings Santa around to hand out candy canes. We always joke that we can tell they're coming because it sounds like the whole town is on fire! Tucker did accept a candy cane from Santa but stayed a safe distance away!

No comments: