Monday, March 9, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



For today, Monday, March 9, 2009

Outside my window...it is raining and dreary

I am thinking...I wish it would stop raining

I am thankful...for Tucker's sense of humor and curiosity

From the kitchen...the Sears repair man is coming tomorrow to finally fix the oven-yeah! I may make pizza to celebrate!
I will also finally get to try the chicken recipe from Sandra, maybe also spaghetti and meatballs.

I am creating...not much other than happy family memories?!

I am wearing...gray sweats and light blue shirt

I am reading...I finished The Constant Princess by Philippa Gregory and started Mademoiselle Boleyn by Robin Maxwell. I have also started Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne for the Classics Carnival on April 7. Tucker and I read Peter Rabbit and Eleven Other Favorite Tales by Beatrix Potter for the Children's Classics Carnival tomorrow. We also read some Dr. Seuss books for Dr. Seuss Day.

I am hoping...Tucker feels better. He is home AGAIN with a sore throat, just generally not feeling well. Also that I hear something positive about the job prospects this week!

I am hearing...Jon and Kate DVD

Around the house...the Sears repairman is coming tomorrow to fix the stove...dishes need to be done...laundry needs to be folded and another load to be washed...it's actually not too bad around here.

One of my favorite things...Tucker's laugh

A few plans for the rest of the week...character-ed committee meeting this afternoon...PTO meeting tomorrow night...a home visit tomorrow...Sears to fix the stove tomorrow...senior center on Thursday...2 more home visits later in the week...working on the PTO fundraiser...dinner and shopping with friends on Friday night...my mom will pick up Tucker at school Friday afternoon and he weill spend the night...a Maple Festival with a friend on Saturday.

A picture thought...
A silly picture of Tucker from when we finger painted last week

No comments: