Monday, January 26, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook




For today, Monday January 26, 2009

Outside my window...it is sunny with clouds (partly sunny, I guess). Probably cold too.

I am thinking...I'm glad I finally figured out Google Reader, so much easier to follow every one's blogs! Which of course means, I keep adding more to follow!

I am thankful for...family. We finally celebrated my birthday yesterday at my mom's and 2 of my uncles joined us and we had a BLAST!

From the kitchen...we have leftover pizza from yesterday so I probably won't get too ambitious today. Planning on trying Sandra's meatballs for Spaghetti and Meatballs tomorrow. Tried a new recipe for Chicken Pot Pie with Bisquick that was YUMMY and a different recipe for Beef Stew with Potato Dumplings (also from Sandra) (Sandra from Diary of a stay-at-home mom fame).

I am creating...I've got nothing in this department. I really need to get more motivated.

I am wearing...my red nightgown. I didn't want to not do this again so I haven't even showered yet.

I am reading...started and finished Multiple Blessings by Jon and Kate Gosselin in two days. I finished Last Kiss by Luanne Rice. I'm reading The Other Boelyn Girl by Phillippa Gregory and can't put it down! I'm going to pick up the movie at the library. Michael and Tucker finally finished Polar Bears Past Bedtime. This week we read books about the Arctic, snow, Martin Luther King, Jr.

I am hoping...I know I keep saying this but I'm really hoping for a job.

I am hearing...the fishtanks gurgling, Curious George on PBS. (Tucker is home sick).

Around the house...laundry to be folded...vacuuming to be done...not too messy, relatively speaking...the snowman will be put away this week and I will put out the Valentine's Day things.

One of my favorite things...how Tucker skips most places. We had to tell him not to skip in soccer and are wondering if he'll skip in between the bases in tee-ball in the spring!

A few plans for the rest of the week...laundry, vacuuming...Tucker has a half-day Wed so we're going to the Providence Children's Museum...ContraDance Thursday night at Tucker's school (a combination of square dancing and line dancing; we did it last year and it was a LOT of fun!)...working on PTO fundraiser...visiting the firehouse on Sunday with Cub Scouts.

A picture thought...
For some reason I didn't do the Daybook last week so this is a picture of what his teeth looked like after the incident with the Target carriage handle. The tooth on the side of the front tooth fell out this week.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Jonathan used to skip everywhere (like playing basketball) I'd forgotten about it, he outgrew it.

Jake's big teeth aren't in yet, but he's going to lose the one next to there any minute now.

Madi won for best design last year at the AWANA car race similar to the pinewood derby (we're missing it this year because it's this week)

I took the snowmen down last week, but haven't gotten the Valentine stuff up yet (as soon as we get home I will.