Friday, January 16, 2009

Birthday Presents and Snow

I didn't get a chance to post this yesterday...For my birthday, Michael got me the Jon and Kate book and Tucker got me the DVD (we had debated about getting it for him for Christmas because we were afraid we'd be watching constantly and we have been! You may ask who the gift is really for!) I'm 3/4 ways through the book and really liking it!
So any way, here I am, happy with my gifts

And of course, my birthday would never complete without some snow! It is an ongoing family joke (and unfortunately reality) that I always get snow on and/or around my birthday. (I can't even begin to tell you how many people have been stranded at my parent's house after birthday parties or my dad brought home in his 4 wheel drive truck!) In fact, we are considering postponing my family party on Sunday due to the possibility of some MORE snow!

Here are some pictures of this year's birthday snow

4 comments:

Mari said...

Happy Belated Birthday! It's snowing here too!

Julie said...

We were on a kick of DVRing Jon and Kate and watching it all the time. I'd be interested in the book.

Cindy said...

I just finished it last night and it was really good. I was even more impressed by their determination to do what's right for their family than I was before. You don't really see a lot on TV of how much faith they have in God and that really comes through in the book. I know they have a lot of critics that say they are selling out their kids but I think they are incredible and am amazed how they keep everything organized and still maintain a rock solid marriage which I beileve can definitely be attributed to their strong faith. You should definitely read it if you get the chance.

Julie said...

Now I really want to read it! I've heard them say before how they do all this (TV stuff) to be able to give the kids (experiences etc) that they couldn't otherwise give them. In their shoes, I'd do it too!