Monday, August 31, 2009

My Daybook



For today...Monday, August 31, 2009, Tucker's first day of school!

Outside my window...it is partly sunny and a little cool, almost feels like fall!

On My Mind...How is possible that Tucker is in 2nd grade already?!?

What we're reading...I finished My Sister from the Black Lagoon and am halfway through Lucky by Alice Sebold. With Tucker, we finished Mercy Watson: To The Rescue by Kate DiCamillo and also read 17 Things I'm Not Allowed To do Anymore by Jenny Offill, The Pencil by Allan Ahlberg, Wink! The Ninja Who Wanted To Be Noticed by J.C. Phillips, and If You Take A Mouse To School by Laura Numeroff. Last night we started Mercy Watson Goes For A Ride by Kate DiCamillo.

What we're listening to...I finished The Alchemist's Daughter and started The Lady Elizabeth by Alsion Weir. with Tucker , I listened to Micawber by John Lithgow.

I am hoping...Tucker has a good year in 2nd grade!

Quotable Quote
...Live as if you were to die tomorrow; Learn as if you were to live forever - Mohandas Gandhi

In the kitchen...maybe McDonalds as a treat tonight for the first day, pork chops, ham steaks, and pizza Fri.

Around the House...laundry to be folded and more to be washed...other than down here in the family room, it's actually not too bad!

Coming Up This Week...Soccer practice Tues and Thurs nights...Tucker's friend William is sleeping over Sat...Back to School Demolition Derby at Speedbowl Sun night.

Some Picture Thoughts...
We walked to school from Tucker's daycare and I got this picture of Michael and Tucker walking together!

No comments: