Sunday, August 30, 2009

Challenging Myself Through Reading


I am still participating in the Take A Chance Challenge but have decided to challenge myself some more by participating in Lost in Book's Colorful Reading Challenge, in which you read books based on the following required six colors: Blue, Red, White, Black, Silver, and Gold. My three optional colors are Purple, Green, and Orange. These books need to be completed by December 31, 2009. My choices are:
-Blue: The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
-Red: Red River
-White: White Ghost Girls
-Black: My Sister from the Black Lagoon
-Silver: Silver Bells by Luanne rice
-Gold: Timbuktu: The Sahara's Fabled City of Gold by sheila Hirtle and Marq de Villiers

-Purple: The Color Purple by Alice walker
-Orange: A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
-Green: Before Green Gables by Budge Wilson

I'm also doing a variance on the A to Z Challenge. Instead of reading authors, titles, or countries of the alphabet, I'm going to read biographies. Since I am challenging myself for this one, I have not set an end date. Here are a few of my tentative choices:

A: Muhammad Ali, John Adams (I've been wanting to reading the David McCullough book!)
D: James Dean
F: Michael J. Fox
G: Judy Garland
L: Abraham Lincoln, Charles Lindbergh
R: Teddy Roosevelt
T: Harriet Tubman
X: Malcolm X (only 'X' biography in my library; I checked before I "committed" myself LOL)

That's about as far as I've gotten! I'll let you know if when I come up with more! And of course, keep you updated as to my progress!

No comments: