Monday, February 9, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



For today, February 9, 2009

Outside my window...it is SUNNY and WARM (for February in New England anyway!) It's in the mid-40s.

I am thinking...that I did good (well?!) on the state social worker exam. I should know in about two weeks.

I am thankful for...my family

From the kitchen...spaghetti and meatballs, tacos, probably meatloaf(didn't make last week).

I am creating...valentine crafts for family (can't share pictures because some of the recipients read the blog!)

I am wearing...jeans and light blue shirt

I am reading...finished The World of Pooh. (Read my review tomorrow). Will be finishing The Boleyn Inheritance and starting Les Miserables for Classics Book Club in March. With Tucker, we read about Ground Hog Day, and picture books about snow and penguins. His favorites this week were What Happened Today, Freddy Groundhog? and Jimmy On Ice (a Jimmy Neutron book).

I am hoping...to have a productive week.

I am hearing...the fish tanks and the TV.

Around the house...Tucker has moved the army base upstairs to the living room (or as he calls it "the HQ"...dishes need to be done...laundry to be folded...a few more loads of laundry to do.

One of my favorite things...how Tucker's laughing turns into snorting and then the hiccups.

A few plans for the rest of the week...a character education committee this afternoon...working on the PTO fundraiser...a PTO meeting tomorrow tonight...finishing up the valentines crafts...listing some items on eBay...bringing some clothes to the consignment store.

A picture thought...
This is a picture of Tucker with his winning car and certificate from the Pinewood Derby. (not the picture I wanted to use but my camera and computer aren't getting along today and I wanted to do this post!)

No comments: