Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I Have Probably told Him This Once or Twice...

Today was one of those really nice winter days that could best be described as "crisp". So after school I let Tucker play on the playground for a few minutes. He was climbing a dinosaur monkey-bar thing and I told him to be careful (the last time he played, his friend Colby slipped and hurt his..ahem,manly parts). Tucker's response: "Well he's not a monkey like me! I can grip and climb better than anyone!"

I have called him Monkey Boy for as long as I can remember because he has always climbed everything! (Apparently, it runs in the family...my mom told me when I was a toddler, I used to climb the shelves in the doctors office and grocery stores. Thankfully, I outgrew it!) Tucker, however, is still going strong!

3 comments:

Aliceson said...

Several years ago my daughter climbed a ladder in our barn, got to the top where I was and I almost peed my pants when I saw her standing there... she was 2.

It seems as if children are born without fear, but great climbing skills!

Tiffany said...

So cute! He has a lot of confidence and that probably makes him more sturdy and less likely to fall.

Cindy said...

He pretty much has no fear which is good for him and bad for me!