Sunday, June 28, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



For today, Sunday, June 28, 2009 (my mom's 62nd birthday!)

Outside my window...the sun has been out ALL day which is certainly noteworthy, I think!! It will be getting dark in another half hour or so.

I am thinking...about what a crazy week it was in terms of celebrity deaths

I am thankful for...Tucker's fever finally went down-it scares me when it gets high!

From the kitchen...we had steak, baked potatoes, and corn-perfect weather for it! Not sure about the rest of the week but I did buy chicken so maybe chicken pot pie and barbequed chicken.

I am creating...Tucker will probably make something for my mom's birthday (we celebrate it on the 4th)

I am wearing...navy blue and gray striped capris with a navy blue shirt

I am reading...Still reading Love Is Eternal, it's almost 500 pages and I'm now halfway through! With Tucker we are still reading Charlie and The Chocolate Factory with a break the last few days while Tucker has been sick. We also read Cowboy and Octopus by Jon Scieszka, Cook-A-Doodle-Doo! by Janet Stevens and Susan Stevens Crummel, Chicken Cheeks by Michael Ian Black, and Don't Let The Peas Touch! and other stories by Deborah Blumenthal

I am hoping...the weather continues to be nice for the rest of the week

I am hearing...Tucker trying to convince me to come upstairs with him...Curious George on DVD

Around the house...pretty clean...laundry to be folded

One of my favorite things...corn on the cob with lots of butter

A few plans for the rest of the week...2 home visits...tucker will be going over Isaiah's house tomorrow for a few hours...Tucker starts swimming lessons this week, Tues and Thurs...the start of the reading program at the library Wed night...Tucker will be spending the day with my mom on Friday because Angela is off...4th of July parade and celebrating my mom's birthday on Sat.

A picture thought...

I took this at Salmon river Park Wed night when we got together with Julie and her family. He looks so serious staring out over the water!

1 comment:

Mari said...

I love that picture!