Monday, June 1, 2009

Simple Womans Daybook


For today...Tuesday, June 2, 2009 (better late than never! I never made it down to the computer last night; I fell asleep with Tucker at 8:30!!)

Outside my window...the sun is going down.

I'm thinking...about our upcoming NYC trip in August. I am very much a planner and it will be here before we know it!

I'm thankful...for a fun day with Tucker on Saturday (will do a separate post on it!)

From the kitchen...tacos, ham steaks, pork chops, pizza on Friday.

I'm creating...started cross-stitching baby gifts for 2 friends, both due in August.

I'm wearing...jean capris and a blue Best Mom shirt

I'm reading...finished Me & Emma and started a biography about Amelia Earhart (after seeing the second Night at the Museum movie, I realized I didn't know a lot about her). Started listening to Peony in Love by Lisa See. With Tucker, we are reading Sunset on the Sabertooth (yes we already read it to him but now he's reading it to us for school; maybe this time I can hear the ending because when we read it to him, Michael finished it!) We also started reading Light in the Attic by Shel Silverstein for the Children's Classics-Poetry on June 9th. We also read Uncle Frank's Pit, Mice Twice, The Boy Who Was raised by Librarians , First Graders from Mars, and Swing!.

I'm hoping...to sleep good tonight

I'm hearing...Entertainment Tonight and the dehumidifier

Around the house...it's not the neatest but it's better than it was!...dishes are in the dishwasher...laundry is being washed...finally cleaned out Tucker's closet and officially got out the summer clothes (as opposed to taking them out of the bins as I need them!)

A few plans for the week...tball practice on Thurs...haircut on Thurs...Tball game on Sat...baby shower for my friend Kate on Sun.

One of my favorite things...strawberry shortcake

A picture thought...


Tucker and his friend Colby at the Speedbowl for Scouts Night on Saturday.

No comments: