Monday, May 25, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook


For today Monday, May 25, 2009 Memorial Day

Outside my window...the clouds may actually go away-it looks like the sun is trying to come out! It's supposed to be a nice day.

I am thinking...that I am tired even though I haven't been up long!

I am thankful for...friends and family

From the kitchen...hamburgers on the grill tonight (our little Memorial Day picnic!)
I haven't really thought about the rest of the week.

I am creating...a clean home and piles of clean laundry

I am wearing...jean capris and a CT Sun tshirt

I am reading...Finished Magic Hour by Kristin Hannah and now reading Me & Emma by Elizabeth Flock. Finished listening to Made in the U.S.A and desperately need to get to the library for another audio CD. I was wrong when I said we finished Dinosaurs before Dark with Tucker; we should be finishing it this week. With Tucker we read Freckle Juice. It was a busy, busy week and it was all we could do to fit in time for him to read to us before he fell asleep! I'm hoping we can get back to reading to him this week.

I am hoping...that my headache goes away, it's leftover from yesterday's migraine which I get when there's a thunderstorm.

I am hearing...Tucker playing with his Legos, some lady making chicken on the Today show.

Around the house...it definitely needs some attention...laundry to be folded and of course, more to wash...Michael's in the yard getting it ready to plant pumpkin seeds.

One of my favorite things...I know I've used it before but I am still excited about how much Tucker is reading now!

A few plans for the rest of the week...Memorial Day parade this afternoon...tball practice Thurs...game on Sat...birthday party for Tucker's friend Lauren on Sat...Scout Night at the Speedbowl Sat...(a local stock car racing place-Tucker gets in free with his scout uniform)...maybe a home visit.

A picture thought...
Tucker got his summer hair cut Friday when he was at my mom's. We usually wait another month but his hair was so long that we couldn't wait any longer!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Yum, burgers on the grill, we are doing yard work all day, and Mike just said he'd love burgers for lunch...we have tons of food, but no burgers!