Monday, May 11, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook




For today, Monday May 11, 2009

Outside my window...it is dark and cool

I am thinking...about joining Weight Watchers. With our new insurance, we can waive the registration fee. I desperately need to do something to get myself motivated.

I am thankful...for a good family and also that my job is going so well!

From the kitchen...not sure yet; haven't really thought about it.

I am creating...I got nothing.

I am wearing...jean capris and a black and white striped shirt.

I am reading...still reading The Saving Graces by Patricia Gaffney. I finished listening to Snowflower and the Secret Fan and while I enjoyed it overall, there were parts that were a little disturbing. I'm listening to The Letters by Luanne Rice. With Tucker, we finished Sunset On the Saber Tooth. He's reading a Magic Tree House book, Dinosaurs Before Dark, for school. I haven't decided what we're going to read next, maybe Freckle Juice by Judy Blume. We also read Cinco De Mayo, The Fire Department,and Zelda and Ivy, and Money Madness. Reading the chapter books goes a little slower than picture books so we're not reading as many which is fine-he seems to be enjoying the chapter books!

I am hoping...to have more patience with Tucker.

I am hearing...DWTS and the fishtanks gurgling.

Around the house...somewhat cluttered, laundry needs to be folded, put in the dryer, and more needs to be washed.

One of my favorite things...taking a walk on a really nice day. (stay tuned for pictures another day from the great walk we took yesterday!)

A few plans for rest of the week...last PTO meeting tomorrow night (I will not be continuing as VP)...t-ball practice Thurs...two home visits...game on Sat...Touch-A-Truck on Sat...pseudo-camping on Sat (Tucker doesn't want to sleep over so we we're going for the activities and bonfire and then coming home)

A picture thought...
We went for a great walk yesterday and came across this river. Of course, Tucker and Michael had to get right in there!

No comments: