Sunday, May 3, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



For today, Sunday, May 3, 2009

Outside my window...it is dark and cool. It rained on and off all day and is supposed to be like this the rest of the week.

I am thinking...how tired I am

I am thankful for...another fun family day. We went hiking at a local park, despite the rain!

From the kitchen...chicken in the crockpot, risotto and peas tonight-one of my favorite meals! For rest of the week, beef stroganoff, tacos (which we didn't get to last week), and ham steaks.

I am creating...nothing yet but Tucker and I will be making Mothers Day cards this week.

I am wearing...a blue shirt and jeans

I am reading...Finished The Little Giant of Aberdeen County and really liked it. I started Saving Graces today.Also listening to Snow flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See on CD; I'm about halfway through and really, really like it (although I must confess that I almost didn't make it through the parts about foot binding). With Tucker, we just started a Magic Tree House book, Sunset at the Saber Tooth.

I am hoping...to get some good sleep tonight

I am hearing..."Amazing Race" on TV, the dryer.

Around the house...it's pretty neat...laundry to be folded, more to be washed.

One of my favorite things...watching how excited Tucker is play soccer. At Cub Scouts tonight, they learned about physical fitness, and played a mini-soccer game.

A few plans for the rest of the week...t-ball practice Thurs...game on Sat...going out to dinner Thurs with a high school friend that I reconnected with on Facebook (she is visiting family this week)...for Mother's Day on Sun, we'll go to my mom's...celebrating my s-i-l's birthday with Mother's Day.

A picture thought...We played Tucker's friend William's team on Saturday. I took this cute picture after the game!

2 comments:

Julie said...

I was just getting on the computer to do my daybook and saw that you just did yours! What friend from high school are you going out with?

Tiffany said...

I read Snow Flower and loved it. The foot binding is so disturbing and started so young! I am going to have to look into the other book you mentioned. Sounds like we have similar tastes.
Hope you have a good week!