Sunday, May 17, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



For today, Sunday, May 17, 2009

Outside my window...it is still light out. It finally stopped raining!

I am thinking...about Jon and Kate. Hoping that they can work out whatever is the best solution for them. Though in my humble opinion, if Jon has issues with the media coverage of their lives then Kate should not be the cover story on People magazine!

I am thankful for...feeling a little better today.

From the kitchen...made a yummy chicken stroganoff tonight. Probably chicken pot pie and spaghetti and meatballs this week.

I am creating...not much here

I am wearing...gray sweats and a purple shirt

I'm reading...Finished The Saving Graces. I am now reading The Magic Hour by Kristin Hannah (an interesting side note, she dedicates her books to her son Tucker!) Finished listening to The Letters and am now listening to Made in the U.S.A by Billie Letts. With Tucker, we are still reading Dinosaurs Before Dark. Tonight we started Freckle Juice by Judy Blume. We also read Let's Go! by Lizann Flatt; and Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst.

I am hoping...to feel better

I am hearing...believe it or not, WKRP in Cincinnati and the dryer

Around the house...it's not too bad considering I haven't felt good since Wed...Laundry to be folded, laundry in the dryer, and more laundry to be washed but probably won't get to it today...dishes in the dishwasher.

One of my favorite things...Boston cream pie

A few plans for the rest of the week...Family Math Night on Wed night...Tball practice Thurs...Tucker is crossing-over to Wolves in Cub Scouts on Thurs...
Tucker's missing school Fri (it's a half day) because my daycare is closed and he's going to my mom's and staying over...he's getting his 'summer haircut" that day...spending the day with my friend Joan on Sat...going to see Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian on Sun.

A picture thought...
I took some pictures in my yard last week...this is one of our little flower beds with a red flowering bush and a deer statue of my dad's.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Good timing. I'm just getting on here to do my daybook and apparently you did yours 17 minutes ago.