Saturday, October 18, 2008

Soccer, CrackerBarrel, and Christmas Tree Shop

My mom came to Tucker's soccer game this morning. It was very cold! We had the first game today at 9am so there wasn't a chance for it to warm up even a little bit. His team ended up winning 1-0. She then took him for their busy day: cancer relay, pizza for lunch, haircut, some playtime at her house, a spaghetti supper, and then back to the relay for the luminaries. He'll be sleeping over and we'll get him tomorrow and go to a corn maze near her house.

Meanwhile, I headed to my friend Joan's. We get together 4-5x/year and it was actually her turn to come here but she has been having heart issues again (she's in her mid-60's and has had multiple issues for years). In June, my mom and I helped to move her to senior housing and this was my first time back to see it actually completed, pictures on the wall, etc. It's a nice, little place! We went to lunch at the Cracker Barrel which is always one of my favorites and then to the Christmas Tree Shop, another one of my favorites. We then wandered down to an antique consignment place neither of us had been to in years; always fun! On the way back to her apartment, we stopped again at the Cracker Barrel for dessert (we figured our food had settled enough by then!)

Seriously, does it get any better than both Cracker Barrel and Christmas Tree Shop in one day?!

No comments: