Sunday, October 26, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook


For today, Sunday October 26th. (I'll be working at the Book Fair at Tucker's school from 8:45am -3pm tomorrow so I wanted to get this done tonight!)

Outside my window...it is dark and cold.

I am thinking...that my hands are freezing, the heat isn't on down here because we've been upstairs all night.

I am thankful for...Tucker's non-stop imagination and curiosity.

From the kitchen...chicken and veggies in the crockpot for dinner tonight, yummy!
I plan to cook a butternut squash tomorrow night (my mom's neighbor gave it to me; Tucker and Michael don't like it so I plan to have a feast!)

I am creating...Tucker and I did some Halloween cards today. I did get some picture cropping done and my mom and I plan to scrapbook on Tues. Unfortunately, not much done with the Christmas gifts.

Around the house...our dishwasher isn't working so Michael has been trying to fix it; he now knows how to flush the hot water tank but hasn't figured out the dishwasher other than possibly narrowing it down to the water inlet valve...the battlefield has been set back up down here, particularly on the Thomas table for some reason...laundry is waiting to be folded and more to be washed.

I am wearing...jeans and a purple/gray striped hooded shirt.

I am reading...The Summer that I Dared by Barbara Delinsky. Finished Anne of Windy Poplars and read A Night to Remember by Walter Lord (about the Titanic). I picked up Anne and her House of Dreams at the library so that will be next. We're reading a Geronimo Stilton book with Tucker: The Case of a Mummy with No name . This week we read books about Halloween and fall.

I am hoping...the weather will be nice on Halloween for trick or treating.

I am hearing...Cold Case on TV, the fishtanks gurgling.

One of my favorite things...strawberry shortcake with fresh-picked strawberries and lots of Cool Whip!

A few plans for the rest of the week...Working at the book fair tomorrow, Thursday, and packing it up on Friday...spending the day with my mom Tues...a home visit on Wed...soccer practice on Thurs, game on Saturday...carving the pumpkins Tues or Wed...trick-or-treating at the mall Fri night and then with his friend Freddie in his neighborhood...trick-or-treating to our mom's houses Sunday.

A picture thought I am sharing with you...

I have this gadget on my igoogle page that shows pictures from National Parks. I thought this one was really neat...(there's already a label of what it is).

No comments: