Monday, October 13, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook



For Monday, October 13, 2008

Outside my window...the sun is shining brightly.

I am thinking...we have a busy week ahead!

I am thankful...Tucker still loves to cuddle and hug me so much; I know he won't always so I'll take it while I can get it!

From the kitchen...probably left-over pizza for breakfast, a picnic lunch while out riding our bikes, and I will be putting a chicken in the crockpot, making risotto, and mixed veggies for supper.

I am wearing...my nightgown. (wanted to get this done before we start the day)

I am reading...still working on Anne of the Island; Anne of Windy Poplars is waiting in the wings. Tucker continues to read to us nightly from his Reading Lab books. This week we read to him about Christopher Columbus, the moon (non-fiction), fires/firefighters (both fact and fiction), and some Halloween books.

I am hoping...we make it through our family day without any meltdowns/temper tantrums (on any of our parts LOL)

I am creating...not so much this past week but I do need to get working on the Christmas gifts.

I am hearing...Curious George on PBS, the fish tanks gurgling, as usual.

Around the house...as usual, there's laundry to be folded and more needing to be washed, the battlefield's been pretty much cleaned up down here and replaced by a construction crane, the house is actually pretty neat right now.

One of my favorite things...Amazing Race!! I love most of the reality shows but this one has always been my favorite and while I might miss episodes of other ones, I always make sure to watch this! right now, we tape it and watch it on Mondays because it's on at the same time as Extreme Home Makeover.

A few plans for the rest of the week...two different reading workshops for parents tomorrow, one in the morning regarding the Reading Lab specifically and then one at night regarding the new reading curriculum... PTO meeting tomorrow night...2 soccer practices Tues and Thurs, a game on Sat...2 home visits Wed...2 home visits Thurs...a Cub Scout Pack meeting on Thurs...Dinner with friends Fri night...lunch and a local art museum with a friend on Sat...Tucker to my mom's Sat after game...Tucker will do the cancer relay with my mom Sat and get his hair cut in the afternoon...we might go to a corn maze next Sun after we pick up Tucker if it doesn't rain.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...


We went to this playground after I got my hair cut on Tues. Tucker was really excited because after a few times, he was able to swing all the way around on this! He was so excited to show me the changes to this playground (he comes here sometimes with my mom) "and it's all wheelchair accessible, Mommy!"

No comments: