Monday, September 7, 2009

My Daybook



For Today...Monday, September 7, 2009, Labor Day

Outside My Window...the sun is out and it feels like a beautiful Fall day (though it's technically not Fall yet!)

On My Mind...thinking about the busy week ahead, with soccer practices, Cub Scouts, and a game!

What We're Reading...finished Lucky by Alice Sebold and I have started The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Neffeneggar; it was a little confusing at first but now, I'm moving right along (I think...)!! with Tucker, we finished Mercy Goes For A Ride and also read Mercy Watson Fights Crime, Can I Bring My Pterodactyl to School, Ms. Johnson? by Lois G. Grambling, What is the Full Moon Full of? by Shulasmith Levey Oppenheim. Tonight we'll start Mercy Watson Princess In Disguise.

What We're Listening To...Still listening to The Lady Elizabeth and will be doing my poetic review for the Take a Chance Challenge on it (I've written the haiku and the limerick and am working on the poem.)

I am hoping...not to get crazy with the hectic week we have coming up!

Quotable Quote...A strange thing is memory, and hope; one looks backward, and the other forward; one is of today, the other of tomorrow. Memory is history recorded in our brain, memory is a painter, it paints pictures of the past and of the day...Grandma Moses (it's her birthday today!)

A Funny Thing...on the way to soccer practice last week, Tucker told me that we should live next to the soccer fields because then he could put himself in a catapult and launch himself onto the field!

In the kitchen...omelettes for lunch, ham steaks for dinner, not sure the rest of the week, we'll be on the run a lot!

Around the house...laundry waiting to be folded and more to be washed...thanks to the demo crew of Tucker and Willima, a messy living room and Tucker's room is not so pretty either.

Coming up this week...back to work tomorrow after a four-day weekend...soccer practice Tues and Thurs nights...Cub Scout pack meeting Wed night...Tucker's first soccer game of the season on Sat...scrapbooking with my mom on Sun.

Some Picture Thoughts...From soccer practice this week

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Hey--you've got an award on my blog!