Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My Daybook



For today, Wednesday, December 30, 2009 (I know...really late this week but I didn't want to skip it)

On My Mind...as stressed out as it got, it's hard to believe Christmas is actually over! (Tucker even said..."all that preparation and it was over so fast!)...also wondering how the year went by so fast!!!

Outside my Window...it is dark of course...the Christmas lights are still on (they go off at 9:30!)...it's cold but warmer than yesterday... we're supposedly getting snow over the weekend but I've heard everything from it's going to be only rain to it's going to snow from tomorrow night through Sun so I guess we'll have to see!

What We're Reading...I finished Heart and Soul by Maeve Binchy and started Standing Tall by C. Vivian Stringer (the coach of the Rutgers Women's basketball team; it was passed to me by my mom). With Tucker we continue to read snow and winter-themed books.

What We're Listening to
...finally got to the library and am now listening to Queen of the Underworld by Gail Godwin. With Tucker, I listened to Winter of the Ice Wizard, a Magic Treehouse book. His favorites this week were: Are You Grumpy, Santa?, The Terrible Storm, and The Biggest Snowball Ever.

What We're Watching...all our reality shows are over...we'll keep watching Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and of course our usual, Dirty Jobs, Myth Busters, and iCarly.

I am hoping...everyone has a happy, healthy New Year!

Quotable Quote...Year's End is neither an end nor a beginning but a going-on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us ~ Hal Borland

In the Kitchen...we finished up the leftovers from Christmas...Spaghetti last night and leftovers tonight...appetizers and pizza tomorrow night...not sure beyond that.

Around the House...Tucker's new presents are scattered around down here...the tree's still up but will probably come down this weekend...the usual laundry issues.

Coming Up this week...Tucker's going to my mom's tomorrow (my day care's closed)...Michael and I are home on Friday...Tucker and Michael are going to work on the Pinewood Derby car (it's next weekend, Eileen!)...Soccer games Sat and Sun if we don''t get snowed in...Tucker's friend Freddie may stay over Sat night (depending on the snow)...bridal shower on Sun for my friend Mary (if it doesn't get postponed again due to snow; it was originally supposed to be the Sun we got two feet of snow!)

A Picture Thought...we usually get together with Michael's sister Susan and her family the weekend after Christmas at my mother-in-law's house. This is the annual cousin picture

Back row L-R Cassandra (20), Bobby (17), Shannon (16)
Front row L-R Brooke (14), Tucker (7), Taylor (8)

No comments: