Monday, December 21, 2009

My Daybook



For today, Monday, December 21, 2009

On My Mind...Seems like I just did last week's daybook! How did the week go by so fast!?

Outside My Window...it is dark and cold...there is also two feet of snow, courtesy of Winter Storm Albert!


What We're Reading
...I finished The Day I Ate Whatever I Wanted and started Heart and Soul by Maeve Binchy. With Tucker we've been reading Christmas and snow books. Michael also read Tell A Lie and Your Butt Will Grow. His favorites this week were Shrek the Halls and The Biggest Snowball ever!.

What We're Listening to...I finished The History of Love and now need to get another book! Probably won't make it to the library until Sat though so I'm listening to Christmas CDs, Martina McBride and Kenny G today.

What We're Watching...as I write this, I'm watching Forrest Gump; LOVE this movie, we quote it all the time at work!...didn't end up watching the finale of SYTYCD but I am glad that Russell won...did watch the finale of Survivor and was just glad that Russell didn't win!

I am hoping...to get everything done that needs to be done.

Quotable Quote...Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful. ~ Norman Vincent Peale

In The Kitchen...my oven got a work-out yesterday: I made homemade pizza for lunch, gingerbread cookies for the cookie swap at work tomorrow, sugar cookies with Tucker and his friend William, and then chicken brushetta for supper...tonight we had beef stroganoff, coming up is spaghetti, grilled cheese and soup, and pizza. I'm making Christmas dinner Friday.

Around the House...laundry needs to be folded and of course, more to be washed...Michael cleaned down here yesterday after the two hurricanes came through (AKA Tucker and his friend William)...the rest of the house could use some attention, particularly since every one's coming here on Friday!

Coming up this week...Tucker's Christmas play tomorrow afternoon...wrapping presents...making cookies and brownies for Santa...Christmas here on Friday.

Some Picture Thoughts...
Tucker and William had a good time playing in the snow yesterday! Here Tucker attempts to throw snow at me!

Here they plan their strategy for digging in the snow!

No comments: