Monday, November 30, 2009

My Daybook



For today, Monday November 20, 2009

On My Mind...I can't believe tomorrow is December already! How did that happen?!?!

What We're Reading...I can't remember where I left off since I did this two weeks ago but I do know I am on my fourth book of the Shelf Discovery Challenge. I read: Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell, Are You There, God, It's Me Margaret and Otherwise Known as Sheila the Great, both by Judy Blume. I'm now halfway through Harriet the Spy and loving it! With Tucker, we're almost finished with James and the Giant Peach. He also finished all his books for the Reading Hall of Fame.

What We're Listening to...I'm listening to Shanghai Girls by Lisa See. We listened to Moonlight on the Magic Flute (a Magic Treehouse book) on the way to the Lego Kids Festival.

What We're Watching...as I'm writing this, I'm watching the Grinch (I put Cindy Lou Who as my image this week; somehow I usually end up being called that!) Not thrilled about the DWTS conclusion but it was a good season and I'm glad Kellie made it as far as she did! Still not sure who I want to win Survivor and liking the Globetrotters on Amazing Race! We've had two "family movie nights" (we put blankets and pillows on the floor and watch a movie and eat snacks!) and watched Up and October Sky.

I am hoping...to figure out what picture I want to use and order the Christmas cards by the end of the week.

Quotable Quote...We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather recognizing and appreciating what we do have ~ Frederick Keonig

In the Kitchen...trying to get back into a routine! Ham Steaks, chicken in the crockpot, new chicken recipe with French's onions, and not sure what else!

Around the house...as usual, the laundry is waiting to be folded and more to be washed...dishes being cleaned in the dishwasher...need to take down the Thanksgiving decorations.

Coming Up This Week... home visits tomorrow night and Thurs night...Cub Scout den meeting Wed night...Cub Scout Boxwood Derby Sat...William's bowling birthday party Sat afternoon...Breakfast with Santa Sun morning.

A Picture Thought...I had a great time at my reunion show this past weekend. This is my friend Ramon, we were good friends all through high school and it was so great to catch up with him! (he's one of the band member's whose video I had on here.)

No comments: