Monday, October 12, 2009

My Daybook


For today... October 12, 2009, Columbus Day

On My Mind...our family friend that suffered the unfortunately fall two weeks ago. He is still very critical in the ICU unit. they have not done surgery and the swelling has subsided only minimally. He is basically in a coma at this point but does respond to the nurses poking him, etc. He will have a long road back if he does make it through this. Please continue to keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Outside My Window...it's a little cool right now but it's supposed to another beautiful fall day!

What We're Reading...Not much has changed since I wrote two weeks ago, unfortunately. It's been so crazy; I', not even 1/4 of the way into Grapes of Wrath and I've reached the max on renewing it! I do really like it and I want to try to get my own copy. Besides the picture books, with Tucker we read Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures. He enjoyed Diary of A Worm and Annie and Simon (which is the book he got last year for being most improved).

What We're Listening to...I finished The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and have realized that like historical fiction, I do better if I listen to this type of book because otherwise I have to read it out loud to "get" the dialect. I've just started listening to Black Beauty.

What We're Watching...the usual: Amazing Race, Survivor, Dancing with the Stars, So you Think You Can Dance, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. We're also liking Modern Family, Three Rivers, and believe it or not, Jay Leno! tucker is still liking icarly, Dirty Jobs, and Mythbusters, and pretty much anything on National Geographic or History channel..

I am hoping...that this week is not as busy as last week!

Quotable Quote...Even if something is left undone, everyone must take time to sit still and watch the leaves turn ~ Elizabeth Lawrence

In the Kitchen...Ham steaks, tacos, spaghetti and meatballs, pizza.

Around the House...as usual, it definitely could use some attention... laundry needs to be folded and more to be done... getting out the Halloween decorations tomorrow.

Coming Up This Week...I took today off to spend with Tucker... we're going to the playground at the Garden Center and then meeting his friend Maddie at Chuck E. Cheese...soccer practice Tues and Fri nights...PTO meeting Wed...home visit Wed...Relay for Life Sat morning...reunion rehearsal Sat afternoon...retirement party for my mom Sat night (shhh! it's a secret! Don't worry, she doesn't even own a computer!)...getting together with my mom's family on Sun.

A Picture Thought...we went to a corn maze yesterday! ( I plan to write a post about it later!)

1 comment:

Julie said...

I'm glad you posted...it's been a while! I laughed about the needing to read the dialect out loud to get it because I am the same way.