Sunday, October 25, 2009

Lots of catching up to do...

We've been busy, busy, busy here in the Doyle household and now I need to take the time to catch all of you up on what we've been doing! (I know...I've kept you in suspense for way too long, right? LOL)

They say a picture's worth a thousand words so I'm going to just post the pictures and only comment when I need to expalin...

Starting with the Corn Maze...









Tucker and I walked in the American Cancer Relay last weekend. It was my first time walking since my dad died five years ago (I had walked the three years prior to his death, including the year he died). Tucker has walked all but one of the seven years he's been alive (he was sick one year), plus the year he "walked" when I was 4 months pregnant with him!
Here's our group of friends:

My mom and Tucker pose with my dad's best friend Larry. He was diagnosed with stomach cancer about 6 months after my dad died and has been fighting hard ever since!

My mom's friends Gail (L) and Laura (R) are both breast cancer survivors. Gail was diagnosed this past summer and had just completed her chemo on the day before the walk. Laura is a two-time breast cancer survivor, most recently three years ago.


My mom, Tucker and I pose together holding our assorted signs for my dad, grandmother, and a survivor sign for my dad and Laura


The survivors traditionally do the first lap and then the rest of us join in. Here, Tucker and I walk...

That's all I have time for right now! Stay tuned for Part II, which will have my mom's retirement party, family time at my Uncle's, and the Scout's Halloween party!

1 comment:

Mari said...

You have been busy! The corn maze looks like lots of fun and I think it's great you do the cancer walk.