Sunday, April 12, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook


For today, Sunday, April 12, 2009, Easter Sunday

Outside my window...it is getting dark and it is cold, supposed to be in the 20s tomorrow morning!

I am thinking...how tired I am! Tucker got us up at 6:10 this morning to find the eggs! I think he was more excited for the Easter bunny than he was for Santa!

I am thankful for...my family

From the kitchen...chicken brushetta, spaghetti and meatballs, chicken pot pie, pizza on Friday as usual

I am creating...we colored Easter eggs and made chocolates for Easter gifts

I am wearing...gray sweats and a black shirt

I am reading...gave up on Marie Antoinette (maybe my obsession with this time period is done for now!). Halfway through Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates and am really liking it! Also finished listening to Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society which I absolutely loved!!! With Tucker we read Easter picture books; his favorites will be in Kid's Picks on April 21st. We also listened to two Magic Tree house books in the car: Ghost town after Sundown and Dolphins at Daybreak.

I am hoping...to get to bed early

I am hearing...the dryer, the fish tanks, Tucker singing a song from Captain Kangaroo while he sorts all the candy the Easter Bunny brought, and the video from Christmas 2007 (every now and then Tucker likes to watch the past videos-it's funny how much younger his voice sounded!)

Around the house...laundry needs to be folded, dishes need to be done, and it could use some picking-up.

One of my favorite things...how excited Tucker is to read everything he sees!

A few plans for the rest of the week...Tucker is off from school but going to daycare Mon, Tues, Wed...he will be home with Michael Thurs and Fri...Tucker and Michael will be making a compost bin (my environmentally-aware son has requested this!)...Tucker will be going to Chuck E Cheese with Maddie and Freddie...two home visits...visiting my cousin and her new twins on Sat...cleaning up a local state park for Earth Day on Sun.

A picture thought...
Michael was at work when we colored eggs and made chocolates so I wanted to video-tape it--Tucker actually did pretty well with the video camera himself!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I loved the Guernsey book too. Such a happy ending! Your week sounds crazy busy but full of fun. You'll love having a compost bin. It helps cut down on the trash.
Have a great week!