Monday, October 11, 2010

The I-Haven't-Done-This-In-Awhile-Daybook


For today...Monday, October 11, 2010 (Columbus Day)

On My Mind...I was so tired when I came home from work but fell asleep on the couch after dinner and I guess I must have dozed off because I feel like I've got my second wind now!

Outside My Window...It is dark, of course...we are experiencing typical NE fall weather---love it!

What We're Reading...I've just started The Postmistress by Sarah Blake and with Tucker, I'm reading I Sailed with Columbus by Miriam Schlein. It's told from the perspective of a young boy who sails on the Santa Maria and it's pretty good so far.

What We're Listening to...I just finished The Widower's Tale by Julia Glass and really liked it. Will be starting My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares tomorrow.

What We're Watching...All the premieres seemed to happen while we were on vacation so we're trying to get caught up! We're watching DWTS, Survivor, and Amazing Race...of course, still loving iCarly and Victorious on Nick. We're also enjoying American Pickers and Pawn Stars.

I am hoping...to feel better. I ended up with a nasty gastroenteritis while on vacation 2 weeks ago and still don't quite feel myself. The earliest I could get into the gastroenterologist was Oct 20th so I'm trying to hang in there until then.

In the Kitchen...fall means yummy comfort food! Tonight we had pot roast, noodles, and peas...the rest of the week? ham steaks, homemade pizza, something with chicken.

Around the House...it's actually pretty neat...dishwasher's running...clothes waiting to be folded and more to be washed.

Coming Up This Week...soccer practice Tues and Thurs nights...PTO meeting Tues night...soccer game Sat...we will be missing the start of the cancer relay Sat morning because it doesn't work time-wise with Tucker's soccer game so we'll go out to dinner with my mom and friends and then go at night to see the luminaries which we've never done...celebrating my m-i-l and niece's birthdays on Sunday.

A Picture Thought...

Just one of many pictures from our awesome trip!We used something called the Disney PhotoPass which you use to have Disney photographers take pictures and then you can access them on your computer. We decided to buy the CD and have all the pictures! So there are a lot of pictures to come!

No comments: