Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My Daybook

For today, Wednesday, March 24, 2010 (Better late than never!)

On My Mind...a family friend of ours passed away this weekend. He was my dad's best friend and I had known him my whole life. He was diagnosed with stomach cancer around the time my dad passed away in 2004 and had been battling it ever since. He died on Saturday, my dad's birthday, which seems fitting. His girlfriend called my mom to tell her he wasn't expected to make it through the day and that he was talking about fishing with my dad. My mom explained that it was my dad's birthday and it all seemed to make more sense.

Outside My Window...it is dark and the rain has finally stopped! After the beautiful weekend we had, it has rained for the past two days and finally the sun came out today!

What We're Reading...I'm almost done with Standing Tall by Vivian Stringer. With Tucker, we've been reading a lot of Civil War and Revolutionary war-type books lately. He seems to enjoy the historical non-fiction ones lately so that's what I'm going with. We still have a Lewis and Clark book to read, too. (It's the anniversary of their expedition this week). His favorites this week were So what's it like to be a cat? by Karla Kuskin and ...if you lived at the time of the Civil War by Kay Moore.


What We're Listening to
...I'm on the last disc of The Help and have enjoyed every single minute of it!

I am Hoping...to get some sleep tonight and feel more motivated to get some stuff done!

Quotable Quote...Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being ~ Goethe

Around the House...definitely needs a lot of attention; I just haven't felt very motivated lately.


Coming Up This Week
...home visit tomorrow night...soccer practice tomorrow night...Tucker's birthday party on Saturday at Monster Mini Golf (again!)...soccer game Sun afternoon.

Some Picture Thoughts... (from my cousin's twins' first birthday party)
My Aunt Donna made Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls for Chelsea and Adam

Adam is learning to walk and loves to walk with his Grammy (my Aunt Donna)

The birthday boy and girl celebrate with some chocolate chip ice cream

No comments: