Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Day Daybook

For today, Wednesday, January 12, 2011

On My Mind
...I had my colonoscopy/endoscopy last week and other than stage 2 erosive esophagitis in the lower third of my esophagus, I'm good. It's basically diet-controlled; he put me on stronger meds and I follow-up with him next month...I am scheduled for my hysterectomy on Monday and I will be out of work for 4 weeks (I'm having it done laproscopically (sp?) )...please continue to keep our niece in your thoughts and prayers.

Outside my window...two feet of snow!!!!!

What We're Reading
...I finished The Girl who Played with Fire and liked it so much better than the first one...I also finished Bud, Not Buddy tonight and started Small Island by Andrea Levy...with Tucker, we read Make Way for Ducklings, Season of the Sandstorms (Magic Treehouse), and Blizzards. It's time for the Reading Hall of Fame at his school and we will be reading an assortment of award-winning and different types of books for the next few months. One of the types we need to read is poetry and I got out Where the Sidewalk ends and we had a good time giggling over all the silly poems; it was fun to share that with him!

What we're Listening to...I finished I'd Know You anywhere, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, and The Girl Who Chased the Moon. I had always wanted to read Alice but truthfully found her to be somewhat bratty and it put me off somewhat. I think overall it was good but I just couldn't get beyond that. The other two books were really good and I would definitely recommend them!

I am Hoping...to recuperate quickly from my upcoming surgery.

In the Kitchen...chicken pot pie tonight, chicken in the crockpot tomorrow, out to dinner Sat for my birthday.

Around the house...the Christmas decorations are finally all down...Tucker and I took the ornaments off the tree today and Michael will get rid of it tomorrow...laundry to be folded and more to be washed.

Coming Up This Week
...lunch with my mom Friday for my birthday...turning 41 on Saturday...Tucker has a birthday/sleepover to go to on Fri night...out to dinner Sat night with Tucker and Michael...surgery on Monday.

A Picture Thought...Tucker likes to dig tunnels in the snow banks!

No comments: