Tuesday, May 4, 2010

How I started my day...

On my way to work this morning, while driving the highway, I blew out a tire! I was driving along and heard a rattling in the back and actually thought of my muffler. then came the ominous thump, thump, sound we all know.

I pulled over, climbed over the passenger seat, and went out to take a look at my back passenger tire. this is what I saw...


Not the best way to start the day! I called AAA and they said they'd send someone within the hour, sooner if they could because I was on the side of the highway. I settled in to listen to my audio book and hang on while the cars and trucks zoomed by and shook my little car!

After about 20 minutes, a state cop pulled up behind me. I went over and told him I was waiting for AAA. He said he'd call them to see if could hurry it up since I was on a busy road. Within 5 minutes or so, AAA was there!

He told me I could wait in the car and he put the spare tire on for me.

Once I got to work, I took a picture of the tire and really looked at what had happened to my tire! It looks like it was hit by a missile. There's only about an inch of tire still held together.

2 comments:

Mari said...

What a way to start the day! That was really a blowout!

Julie said...

I hate that that happened to you, but love that you took pictures of it!!