Sunday, July 26, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook


For today, Sunday July 26, 2009

Outside my window...it is dark and there is a breeze.

I am thinking...next week at this time, we will be in our hotel! We're spending Sun-Thurs in NYC!

I am thankful for...a nice, sunny weekend.

From the kitchen...steaks on the grill tonight...for the rest of the week, beef stroganoff, spaghetti and meatballs, whatever else needs to be used up before we go!

I am creating...not too much.

I am wearing...jean shorts and a red and white striped tank top

I am reading...finished The Wednesday Sisters by Meg Waite Clayton this morning and started The Geometry of Sisters by Luanne Rice. Also finished listening to Rebecca, which I really liked and started listening to The Ivy Chronicles by Karen Quinn. Tucker finished Midnight on the Moon and we started Next Stop, New York City (A Polk Street Kids chapter book). With Tucker we read The Library Dragon by Carmen Agra Deedy, The Little Red Lighthouse and the Great Gray Bridge by Hildegarde H. Swift and Lynd Ward, The Chocolate-Covered Cookie Tantrum by Deborah Blumenthal, Sneezy Louise, The Inside-Outside Book of New York City by Roxie Munro, and Fireboat!

I am hoping...to sleep well tonight

I am hearing...Shrek on TV...the dryer.

Around the house...not as good as I would like it to be...clothes in the dryer and still one more load to be dried and of course, folded.

One of my favorite things...how Tucker "directs" the traffic when we cross the street. It will be interesting to see what he does when we are in New York!

A few plans for the rest of the week...my daycare is closed for the next two weeks so Tucker will be at my mom's this week (I now work 10 minutes from her house)...a home visit on Thurs...getting ready for our trip, packing, etc.

A picture thought...
The garden center near us sets up their playscapes so the kids can play on them. Tucker enjoyed the tire swing on this one!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Going to NYC sounds so fun! I'm jealous! Was the Rebecca book you read the one by Daphne DuMaurier? I love that story! Have you ever read "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn?" If not, you should, you would love it!
Have a good week.

Julie said...

LOVE the Little Red Lighthouse and the Great Gray Bridge!!! Have a great time in NYC!!

Cindy said...

Tiffany,yes that is the Rebecca book I read-I just couldn't remember how to spell her last name! I read A Tree
Grows in Brooklyn a few years ago but it may be worth another reading! Jul-we also loved the Little Red Lighthouse book!