Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Daybook



For today...Tuesday, April 26, 2011

On My Mind..my grandmother died 11 years ago today. I can't believe she never met Tucker ans my cousin's children. I think of her so often and miss her cooking...it's also 11 years since we put the deposit on the house which normally I might not remember except that my mom called me at the realtor's to tell my grandmother had dies so now the two go together in my memory.

Outside My window..our first real Spring-like day! GORGEOUS!

What We're Reading...halfway through Little Women and also finished Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Amy Chua (in 2 days!!!) I will definitely be writing a post about it because even a week later, I'm still mulling it over!!......Tucker didn't read as much as I would have liked during break; he's now reading Free Baseball with us and BFG in school

What We're Listening to...I finished While I'm Falling by Laura Moriarty and started Every Last One by Anna Quindlen

What We're Watching...DWTS: still thinking Kirstie needs to go and maybe Kendra; still liking Ralph and Hines...Amazing Race: Sad to see the cowboys go; not really sure who I'm rooting for now. I guess anyone but Vyxin and what's-his-name...Survivor: still thinking Phillip needs to go! Liking Steve but don't think he'll make it....American Idol: thinking Haley needs to go and like James and Scotty...also watching Undercover Boss, Glee, Storage Wars, American Pickers, and anything on Nick...Tucker was also treated again to another movie when he was at my mom's: this time they saw Hop.

I am hoping...to catch up on my sleep sometime!

In the Kitchen...chicken pot pie tonight, ham steaks tomorrow, pancakes, not sure what else

Around the House...needs some attention down here in the family room...dishes are done...Easter candy still on the dining room table-there's so much of it!

Coming Up This Week...baseball games tomorrow night and Saturday...baseball practice Thursday night...Easter egg hunt at the Dinosaur park Saturday (it was rained out on Sat)...Tucker's friend Robby is staying over Sat night...YANKEES GAME ON SUNDAY!!!!

A Picture Thought...

2 comments:

Julie said...

11 years?! Wow, time is flying.

I can't stand Kendra, she definitely need to go!!

I'm thinking James, Lauren, and Scotty are 1,2, and 3 in that order.

Tiffany said...

I always enjoy these daybooks...maybe I'll do one later.
I will be looking forward to your post about that book, interesting title.
Cute pic, I kind of miss little league. Joe just played one season though.