Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Daybook



For today...Tuesday, April 19, 2011

On My Mind..my car is finally fixed and my mom's friend did a GREAT job! I ended up with a new-to-me hood. I haven't taken a picture yet because it was raining this afternoon when I got out of work.

Outside My window...still raining; it held off for most of the day and then started raining when I got out of work.

What We're Reading...still reading Little Women and also read Shiloh Season, at the insistence of Tucker, this weekend...I also started Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Amy Chua which I had on-hold at the library. I've been curious about it since there was so much controversy. I'm only 40 pages in and already thinking I may need to write a blog post about it because I have so many thoughts already!...Tucker finished A Crazy Day with Cobras and has some iCarly books we also got at the book fair that he will probably read next.

What We're Listening to...I started While I'm Falling by Laura Moriarty about a week ago and then my mom had my car so her friend could work on the hood and her car does not have a CD (it's a 2000 and it must have been the last year or so for cassette players because my car is a 2002 and it has a CD)...I dug out some of my cassettes that I couldn't bear to part with (including some Julie and I made) and so have been transported back in time to the 80s!!!

What We're Watching...DWTS: Sad to see Sugar Ray go, there was something about him I liked! Now I'm thinking Kirstie needs to go...Still liking Ralph and Hines...Amazing Race: Glad to see the Asian dad and daughter go and still rooting for the cowboys...Survivor: still don't have a clear favorite but Phillip needs to go!...American Idol: thinking Haley needs to go and like James and Scotty...also watching Undercover Boss, Glee, Storage Wars, American Pickers, and anything on Nick...Tucker was also treated (is that a word?!?) to Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Roderick Rules by my mom (she wanted to do something special for him because she was away on his birthday!)

I am hoping...to catch up on my sleep sometime!

In the Kitchen...chicken bruschetta, grinders, crunchy onion chicken, not sure what else.

Around the House...

Coming Up This Week...baseball games Thursday and Friday nights...Tucker's on vacation from school this week. He'll be at Angela's tomorrow, with Michael on Thursday and at my mom's on Friday...Tucker's sleeping over my mom's Friday night...spending the day with my friend Joan on Saturday...celebrating Easter (including an Easter Egg Hunt) at my mother-in-law's.

A Picture Thought...
I Never got around to posting the pictures from Tucker's birthday party at Chuck E.Cheese; I may still! Here's one of him and Chuck E!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Would love to hear those tapes!!

I'm not making this up, the verification word tonight is

horsessu

You know like horses you? Or otherwise known as do you like horses?

Cindy said...

That is too funny!

About the tapes, the scary thing is that I remember the order the snippets of songs were in. Well maybe not too scary considering my memory!