Jamie at Perpetual Page Turner came up with this great survey of all the books we've read in 2010. And since I can never resist a good survey...
1. Best Books Read : I would have to say Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen, The Giver by Lois Lowry, and Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks.
2. Worst Books Read : I don't like to call anything the "worst" and I can only apply this to books I actually made it through (I've blocked the others out! lol) I would have to say The Sweetness at the Bottom of The Pie by Alan Bradley because I just didn't really get it, I guess. It just seemed to ramble on and on.
3. Most Disappointing Books : I had heard so much about both of these books and was just not very happy with either, The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake Aimee Bender and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson.
4. Most Surprising Book (in a Good way) : The ending of Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks definitely threw me a little
5. Book you Recommend the Most: The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb, The Help by Kathryb Stockett and My Name is Memory by Anna Brashares.
6. Best Series you discovered in 2010: I was a little late to the game but I was mesmerized by the Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer and also The City of Ember series by Jeanne Duprae.
7. Favorite New-to-you Author you Discovered in 2010: Adriana Triginai (Stone Gap books) and Stephanie Meyer.
8. Most Hilarious Book : Definitely Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman.
9. Most Thrilling, Unputdownable Books : Hands down, the Twilight Series.
10. Book you Most Anticipated: The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephanie Meyer.
11. Favorite cover of 2010
12. Most Memorable character: Calpurnia Tate from The Evolution of clapurnia Tate by Jacqueline Kelly, Olive Kitteridge from the book of the same name by Elizabeth Strout and CeeCee Honeycutt from Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman.
13. Most Beautifully Written: The Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
14. Books that had the Greatest Impact: The Help by Kathryn Stockett and The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot.
15. Books that you can't Believe you Waited until 2010 to read: The Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum and The Color Purple by Alice Walker.