Monday, January 18, 2010

My Daybook


For today, Monday, January 18, 2010 (Martin Luther King, Jr's Day Observed)

On My Mind...getting frustrated in general with my slow computer!

Outside My Window...it is dark as usual. I did notice the sun set was later today by a few minutes, for whatever that's worth!

What We're Reading...I am almost finished with Emily of New Moon and am LOVING it! I'm so glad I decided to read this series! Emily Climbs is next. Tucker had a lot of favorites this week: Time Traveller Book of Knights and Castles, Emmett's Snowball, A Giraffe and a Half, and Axle Annie.

What We're Listening to...I finished Pirate Queen and am now listening to Three Junes.

What We're Watching...the usual: Mythbusters, Dirty Jobs, iCarly. Also watching Biggest Loser for the first time and I really like it. I plan to start watching American Idol and but didn't watch last week.

I am Hoping...to sleep well tonight.

Quotable QuoteOccasionally in life there are those moments of unutterable fulfillment which cannot be completely explained by those symbols called words. Their meanings can only be articulated by the inaudible language of the heart. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

In The Kitchen...we had spaghetti tonight...on the menu for the rest of the week: tacos, beef stroganoff, chicken and rice.

Around the House...got the Valentine's decorations out this weekend...Tucker has his army men set up again down here in the family room...dishes need to be done...laundry needs to done.

Coming up This Week...cub scouts den meeting Wed...Soccer practice Thurs...booking our Disney trip...Tucker's sleeping over my mom's fri and Sat...getting together with my friend Joan to celebrate Christmas and our birthdays on Sat...celebrating my birthday at my mom's Sun ( we postponed because of the snow we were supposed to get that never came!).

No Picture Thoughts this week...

3 comments:

Lara said...

I love Emily of New Moon...I have the whole series. You should try Marigold's magic book next. Super sweet.

Julie said...

Let me know when the trip is booked...I want all the details:)!

Tiffany said...

I read the whole Anne of Green Gables series a few years ago and loved it! I think I have read the first Emily book but not the others. That would be fun to read.