Monday, March 7, 2011

Daybook

For today...Monday, March 7, 2011

On My Mind...I really need to blog more often! I'm pretty much down to just the Daybooks!...I
wasn't on Facebook a lot last week (for a variety of reasons) and I survived! Life does go on and I think I may start limiting my time on there because it really does suck you in and I could be so much more productive, I'm sure, without it! It's a work in progress!

Outside My window...cold and windy.

What We're Reading...Finished One of Ours by Willa Cather and really enjoyed it...Now reading Room by Emma Donoghue about a 5 yo boy who lives in one room with his Mom, who is a victim of a kidnapping. The story is from his perspective. I was on the waiting list for it for 3 mos and I have to say it is pretty good so far! I can't seem to put it down!...with Tucker, we finished Journal of James Edmund Pease and really enjoyed it. It was the journal of a Civil War Soldier and though it was fiction, was based on actual events and battles...we read The Pebble in my Pocket and The Pancake Boy and just started reading Danny, the Champion of the World, which I remember my 6th grade teacher reading to us and don't think I realized it it was written by Roald Dahl. I really liked it back then and I'm hoping Tucker likes it.

What We're Listening to...I'm almost done with The Kite Runner and I have to say that I definitely see what all the fuss was about. An amazing book...makes me want to read more about Afghanistan and that part of the world.

What We're Watching...Survivor-they finally got rid of right person and hopefully he loses at Redemption Island and it will be Bye Bye Russell!!!...Amazing Race-still rooting for the Cowboys, the Globetrotters, Margie and Luke...American Idol-I'm happy with all the choices, particularly for the boys and I think, other than Thia, I'm going for any of the guys...we went to see Rango this weekend and it was really cute! I love that Tucker giggled the whole time!

I am Hoping...to catch up on my sleep!

Quotable Quote...from my Mary Engelbreit calendar that Michael got me for Christmas: There are perhaps no days of our childhood we lived so fully as those we spent with a favorite book ~ Marcel Proust

In the Kitchen...chicken pot pie, roast, spaghetti, probably McDonald's Tues because we'll all be on the run.

Around the House...dishwasher running...laundry in the dryer, more to be washed...St Patrick's Day decorations up...still could use more attention.

Coming Up This Week...a busy one!...PTO Expo in MA on Tues...PTO Meeting Tues night...baseball clinic Tues night...my cousin's twin's 2nd birthday party on Sat...soccer game Sat night.

No Picture Thought this week

1 comment:

Julie said...

I was going to ask about "roast spaghetti" than I realized it was two different meals.